It was about two years ago at a party for Kerry Washington’s cover of Elle Magazine that I met Ms. Katie Lowes. Let me tell you something – she’s awesome. She’s what you want actresses to be – equal parts talented and authentic. Super down to earth, but always stunning on a red carpet – a delicate balance of being able to straddle both worlds of real girl and TV star. Now when we met, I hadn’t seen Scandal, but my goodness did I ever catch up. Not only do I have a serious girl crush on Quinn Perkins, the character that Katie brings to life with layer and interest on the Shonda Rhimes drama, but I’ve gotta tell you – Katie Lowes is in that same category. I don’t bump into her as often as I’d like, but rest assured that this Queens native and Tisch graduate, who also happens to be a founding member of IAMA Theatre Company, is an absolute force to be reckoned with. Thanks for Tig talking with me Katie!
- My nickname is: I’ve always just been Katie.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Cook breakfast, work out, and meditate.
- I can’t live without: Popcorn.
- If I had one week to escape: I would go back to summer camp.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would call my agents.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Romance.
Photos via: Lonny Mag, Katie’s Instagram