Meet Jessica Stam – supermodel, sweetheart, humanitarian and expert dog cuddler. She has graced the cover of Italian Vogue an unprecedented six times, and has shot with some of the world’s most reputable photographers, including Mario Testino & Peter Lindbergh. We met a year ago at the Bowery Hotel in NY’s lower east side and became instant friends. Of late, we opt for hang outs at her Manhattan pied-à-terre ordering in sandwiches & fries in lieu of late night jaunts in the city. Oh and yes, she looks like that and eats fries. She also introduced me to Many Hopes, the organization she works very closely with which builds schools and homes for boys and girls in Kenya. And unlike many celebs, she’s hands on – she doesn’t just sit in her NY apartment and talk about it, she goes, she mentors, and she makes a difference in these children’s lives. Then she comes home and goes back to work, modeling everything from Dior to Lanvin, designing capsule collections with Rachel Roy or Rag & Bone, all with an ethereal quality that is as calming as a cup of chamomile. She woke up like this. #flawless
- My nickname is: Stam.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Hit the snooze and fall back asleep for 10 minutes.
- I can’t live without: Music.
- If I had one week to escape: I would turn my phone off and hang in a cabin on a lake with friends and swim and cook and read a good book.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would go fishing.
- Everything tastes better with: A little butter.