You have to meet her. You guys will love each other. You really have to. This was my dear friend, Celine talking to me about why I needed to meet Ms. Gabrielle Union. As with most things (all things) Celine was right. It was just a couple weeks ago at NYFW that I met Gab and her hubby, Dwayne Wade at an event for Prada. Gracious, funny, and refreshingly real (I mean, have you followed her Instagram?), Gabrielle has parlayed a career from blockbuster studio films (Bad Boys II, Think Like a Man franchise) to TV stardom (BET’s Being MaryJane). And while my heart will always think fondly of her days in the cheerleading guilty pleasure Bring it On, this Nebraska born and Cali raised beauty has far surpassed the pom pom days. With producer credits under her belt, a blindingly bright future, and the business savvy of a mogul in the making, it’s a good thing we absolutely love her dimples – because Gabrielle has everything to smile about. Well done, lady!
- My nickname is: Nickie.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: I hear my husband and dog snoring in unison.
- I can’t live without: My husband and Words with Friends.
- If I had one week to escape: I would go to Haiti—it’s a magical paradise with amazing people.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would go to the 99 cent store and stock up on toilet paper and bread.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Ranch dressing and Red Hot hot sauce.