The Tig Archives 07 / 06 / 2015
When diagnosed with a rare illness called Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, Ella Woodward found herself bedridden, weak, and riddled with symptoms such as headaches, digestive issues, and chronic pain. After failed attempts at recovery through Western medicine, she took to the good old world wide web to unearth a holistic approach for healing her body. Within weeks of changing her diet to one that is plant-based, she saw an immediate difference in her energy level and total wellness. As a matter of fact, she credits this dietary change to giving her her life back. That alone is worth its weight in gold, but do you want to know the icing on this (gluten-free, naturally sweetened) cake? She began her blog, Deliciously Ella, to share her experience and recipes, and through that, Ella has amassed a rabid following that has catapulted her recently released cookbook, app, and profile into star status. This It Brit is as charming and real as they come, and her candid story of self-care utilizing the power of food as medicine is enough to inspire us to take better care of ourselves. My kinda girl. Cheers to you, Miss Ella, and many thanks for Tig talking with us!
- My nickname is: Ells or Elsa.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Check my Instagram – I’m totally addicted. I then normally leave the house pretty quickly and go and workout before I start my day; I love sweating before I do anything else as it always makes me feel so positive.
- I can’t live without: My friends and great food. Both are essential to my happiness!
- If I had one week to escape: I’d go anywhere warm and sunny with a beautiful beach.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: Probably buy dates and almond butter. It’s my favorite snack and I can’t go a day without it!
- Everything tastes better with a little: Olive oil and lemon juice. Great quality olive oil and fresh lemon instantly transforms absolutely anything
Images via: Red Online, Instagram