Press events require you to look dolled up. Getting dolled up requires hair and makeup. Hair and makeup requires a glam team. The best half of that equation is undoubtedly celebrity makeup artist, Daniel Martin. I love this man, and not in that industry way of saying you “love” someone as casually as you order your macchiato. I actually love this guy. He paints the faces of everyone from Jessica Alba and Kate Bosworth to Veronica Webb and Elettra Wiedemann. And while all of that has a particular “ooh-ah-oh” factor that is coupled with his mastery of makeup, that’s not what impresses me most about Daniel — not even close. Trumped by all, is the fact that he’s just an amazing person. I asked Daniel to share his five must-haves for a flawless face.
- TATCHA Luminous Deep Hydrating Serum – “Due to its humectants and essential oils to moisturize skin, I like to use this as a complexion “magnet” to lock down foundation for long hours of wear. Its also great to hold in moisture during long flights, calming down sunburned skin and use under your favorite moisturizer for more hydration.”
- GIORGIO ARMANI Luminous Silk Foundation – “This foundation will forever be a staple in my kit for its versatility in front of the camera and in real life.”
- HOURGLASS Corrective Concealer – “This non drying stick concealer covers anything from blemishes to bruises with its buildable coverage and versatile texture.”
- SHU UEMURA Face Powder Matte – “Ultra light powder diffuses and cuts the shine without looking too flat.”
- CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder – “This powder brightens and warms up skin without the look of bronzer. A matte, “lit-from-within” radiance that every one needs from this long dull winter!”