Another year, another birthday – this being the third I have celebrated with The Tig community, and that is unquestionably the best birthday gift I could imagine. My mom has always said that birthdays are your own personal New Year – your own chance to make resolutions just for yourself and what you prognosticate for your year ahead. And while I’ve always loved that sentiment, I have to say that when I close my eyes and think of what I wish for, I come up with a blank. A big old happy blank. I am feeling so incredibly joyful right now, so grateful and content that all I could wish for is more of the same. More surprises, more adventure, more opportunities to grow, more days filled with giggles and cheeky jokes, more delicious meals, and more inspiration. Always more inspiration. So in lieu of sharing any more of my musings with you this birthday, my team and I thought it may be fun to turn the tables on me and have yours truly answer the very Tig Talk I crafted when I first started this site.
Thank you all for the birthday love, and for the endless support – for helping my life nestle in to such a happy place that I wish for absolutely nothing more than what I have. Thank you so very much.
- My nickname is: Meg, MM, M&M, and Flower (which my mom has called me since I was little).
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Pick up my iPhone, kiss the dogs, and walk downstairs with them to let them in the backyard and feed them breakfast. Then while I wait for them to eat, I check some emails and send some texts, and we crawl back into bed for a little snuggle before starting the day.
- I can’t live without: My passport – I spend almost every week on a plane, and between travel for work, or press, or most importantly for humanitarian work, it is my access to experience this big beautiful world of ours.
- If I had one week to escape: I’d go completely off the grid – which I intend to do next week with some friends, some cocktails, and the sound of the lapping sea.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would give it to someone who needs it more than I do.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Hot sauce! I love a kick to my food.
Images via: MM Instagram